When Andy and I first visited Gibraltar in November 2011 we fell in love with every part of it. We were there in November, so Christmas preparations had already begun. We both commented that spending Christmas in Gibraltar would be like spending Christmas in a Christmas village. We decided that we would spend Christmas in Gibraltar sometime in the future.
We arrived in Gibraltar on December 23rd. One of the first things we noticed were Christmas decorations and Christmas trees. There was also the pleasant hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping, and the sound of English being spoken all around us. We live in a world where just communicating a simple need or want can be exceedingly difficult. Being in Gibraltar was a break from the hardest part of our lives in Morocco.
I guess I should just say that our time in Gibraltar was everything we needed and more. I remember wondering, on several occasions, what we had done to deserve such perfection. Everything about Gibraltar was joyous without being indulgent, and bright without being flashy. It felt like we had a new home. And what better place is there to spend Christmas than home?
Here are our pictures broken down by day.
December 23, 2012
Christmas Eve, 2012
Christmas Day, 2012
Boxing Day, 2012
December 27, 2012
December 28, 2012
December 29, 2012
December 30, 2012
New Year's Eve, 2012
New Year's Day 2013
January 2, 2013
No comments:
Post a Comment