Saturday, November 19, 2011

traveling the train through clear moroccan skies



Two amazing trips, two wonderful visitors, some incredible memories, and one short blog post to describe it all. On November 3rd, my brother Sean and his girlfriend and our friend Sheryl arrived in Casablanca. The adventure started with crazy weather and on Friday a trip to Paul for dinner and then stops at La Suite and Sky Bar for some Moroccan night life. Then on Saturday we went to the Hassan II Mosque and Rick's Cafe for lunch. (We thought of you, Grandpa Tim, the whole time we were there). Then we left on the midnight train that became the 2am train to Tangier. I think we all will have nightmares about that train ride for the rest of our lives. The less said the better. Then we caught a boat to Tarifa, Spain, and a bus to La Linea de la Conception, the town in Spain where our hotel was located. From our hotel we had a wonderful view of "The Rock" and by that we mean the Rock of Gibraltar. The next days were a blur of activity. We went to the top of the rock, had British fish and chips, were attacked by apes (well one jumped on Andy), and then we went back to Casablanca. Really the pictures say it best, but I think Andy and I have developed a life long love for Gibraltar.

For all our picture in Casablanca CLICK HERE.




 For all our Gibraltar pictures CLICK HERE.

Then we had a two day break, well Andy and I had to work, but then we were off to Marrakech. Marrakech feels like a different world. It has an overwhelming amount of things to do. From ruins, to the intense and exhilarating market place of Jemaa-el-Fna and the peaceful Marjorelle Garden, I feel like we experienced as much as possible. I would like to say that our Riad (hotel) was incredible and if anyone wants to visit Marrakech they should definitely stay at Riad Khabia. Any one who wants to visit Marrakech should also be prepared to be chased by men holding cobras, harassed by vendors of all sorts, and thrilled by all the sights and sounds of this unique city.








For all our Marrakech pictures CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment